Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
HOURS: 1 x Full time (45 hours per week)
SALARY: Competitive salary subject to experience, plus bonus scheme
HOLIDAY: 28 days annual leave pro-rata in relation to your start date and hours of employment.
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
1 x Full time (45 hours per week)
Competitive salary subject to experience, plus bonus scheme
28 days annual leave pro-rata in relation to your start date and hours of employment.
Mockingbird is the vegan chicken and chicken street food brand taking North East Lincolnshire by storm. We are proud to be the class leading fresh chicken fast food outlet for miles around, and also the only restaurant making its own seitan in the county. We opened twelve months ago and we are now on a supersonic flight path and we’re looking for a talented chef to be leader of our brood as we move to the next level.
Based in a state of the art container kitchen next to Docks Beers we need a passionate chef who will be proud of what we do best – sourcing, preparing, cooking and serving the freshest chicken and mock vegan chicken streetfood in town.
As our Head Chef you will be the beating heart of the operation and essential to the success of our business. This is an amazing opportunity to become a leader of a brand new friendly team who are committed to delivering the best streetfood time and time again.
Everything we do is built on the three Mockingbird core values:
1. The right stuff – Can you roll with the punches, think on your feet and apply common sense to any situation?
2. Good will – is it in your nature to treat everyone with respect and kindness? If not, read no further as we fiercely protect our culture and our teams.
3. Graft – we are busy and we LOVE being busy. We will provide you with the tools you need to get the job done and sincere appreciation when you do it well, but you need to love putting the work in and care about what you do.
Apart from our vision to spread our wings with an exciting expansion plan, we also have some great perks –
• Free Mockingbird streetfood on shift. We take free staff meals as a given and will feed you from our varied menu on shift.
• Discount on Mockingbird streetfood on and off shift.
• Staff discount at Docks Beers – The best beer in Lincolnshire!
• Guaranteed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off.
• 100% of all service charge and tips go to site teams- we wouldn’t dream of dipping into your hard-earned tips
• Pension, flexible working, your birthday off and more!
• Key Achievement Recognition And Annual Retention Bonus
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
A passion for delivering a consistently high-quality experience to customers through the power of food, and a resilience under pressure. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the kitchen and it will be down to you to ensure every Mockingbird meal is prepared safely, cooked perfectly and presented irresistibly to the customer. You’ll equally care about the rest of your colleagues working alongside you in the kitchen and you’ll communicate effectively with all of them and support them when needed. You will be in charge of maintaining a spotless kitchen in line with health & safety and food & hygiene standards. Duties will include stock ordering, supervising daily food preparation, cooking and serving our menu to the highest standard, stock control, equipment checks, Health & Safety and Food safety compliance checks and follow up. As the supervisor and coordinator of the food preparation and cooking process and a team of chefs, it’s really important you have a high level of attention to detail, good management skills and ensure that kitchen regulations, training and safety guidelines are in place. You will be someone who thrives in a busy atmosphere, can handle a thriving kitchen, and has the stamina for it. We want you to be creative and to show us what you can do and we will expect you to come up with new dishes to develop our menu. At times we expect to see you ‘Mock’ in and serve our customers when required.
Proven experience of a fast-paced kitchen operation and ability to work under pressure is essential as is an extensive knowledge of key health and safety and food & hygiene standards. Experience of coaching others will be another very desirable skill.
THE LAST WORD
If you have the right stuff you will progress further in the company and excel in more senior roles. If you’re ready for a new journey, come and fly with Mockingbird.
If you are interested please complete the form below, attaching your CV and a covering note, or email them to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.